BY Benjamin ClarkSeptember 13, 2025
5 months ago
BY 
 | September 13, 2025
5 months ago

Pastor Diego Fuller steps down from regular preaching amid sexual assault allegation

Alonzo Diego Fuller, the founding pastor of Journey Fort Worth Church in Texas, was arrested earlier this month on a felony sexual assault charge, prompting him to adjust his Sunday responsibilities at the church while maintaining his innocence.

The Christian Post reported that  Fuller, 39, was taken into custody by law enforcement, including a SWAT team, on Aug. 31 and has announced he will reduce his preaching to respect sexual assault survivors, though he denies the charge stemming from a June 2025 incident.

According to court records reported by The Dallas Morning News, Fuller was booked into the Tarrant County jail on Sept. 1 following his arrest during a virtual service held by the church. Authorities arrested him in front of cameras while the online service was taking place.

Pastor expresses shock over arrest timing

The pastor was released on a $40,000 bond the same day he was processed. Fuller later told his congregation that he had hoped to address the situation directly before the news broke publicly. However, media coverage of the arrest spread quickly online, leaving Fuller unable to speak first.

“Sorry, I didn't get a chance to tell you first,” he said in a message to churchgoers. Fuller remarked on how rapidly the story was shared, stating it went viral across numerous platforms.

Fuller is charged with a second-degree felony related to an alleged sexual assault in June. While no further details of the allegation have been made public in court filings, Fuller has dismissed the claims as entirely false.

Partial withdrawal from the pulpit follows arrest

In the wake of the legal developments, Fuller informed his congregation that he would be stepping back from regular Sunday sermons. He emphasized that this partial step back is being taken out of consideration for members who may be emotionally affected by the situation.

“Some Sundays you'll see me preaching and some not,” he said, explaining his approach during what he described as a sensitive season for the church. He acknowledged that his visible presence might be difficult for some congregants to process.

Fuller added, “People have gone through pain, and they went through trauma in this situation. Seeing me speak every week, it also could just hurt the body of Christ.”

Young church faces financial restraints

Journey Fort Worth Church, a congregation that launched just two years ago, is still developing leadership and faces budget limitations that prevent bringing in external speakers weekly. Fuller said the church’s small size impacts how they respond to unexpected issues like this.

“We don't have the budget to bring in speakers every single week. We don't have the luxury of having a staff on rotation,” he explained. He asked for the church community’s continued prayers for his family and the leadership.

Despite planning to step back from the pulpit more often, Fuller said he will continue to contribute weekly written messages to the services. Other ministers from within the church will help cover preaching roles as needed.

Maintains innocence amid legal proceedings

Fuller has not admitted to the allegations and remains firm in his denial. “The allegations made towards me in this case are absolutely not true,” he said, reiterating his position publicly in multiple addresses to the church.

He framed the situation within a broader message about human imperfection and spiritual growth. “If you're looking for a perfect pastor, I am not your boy,” he stated. “I am human. I am flawed and I'm still being shaped by God every single day.”

Fuller also referenced the ripple effect of seeing stories in the media without understanding the full context. “People don't always know our situation with this house,” he said. “They just see something in the headlines.”

Next steps for Fuller and the church

Fuller’s next court date has not yet been disclosed, and further legal proceedings will determine how the case unfolds. For now, he remains out on bond and involved in aspects of church life, albeit in a limited capacity.

He stressed that the balance he is attempting to maintain is guided by a desire to show sensitivity and wisdom. “There's a time to speak. There's a time just to shut up,” Fuller commented regarding his visibility during this period.

The church has not issued an official public statement aside from Fuller’s remarks. As the case progresses, both Fuller and Journey Fort Worth are navigating the implications for their closely knit faith community.

Written by: Benjamin Clark
Benjamin Clark delivers clear, concise reporting on today’s biggest political stories.

NATIONAL NEWS

SEE ALL

Trump orders federal intervention as 243 million gallons of raw sewage flood the Potomac River

President Trump directed federal authorities to take immediate action over the ongoing sewage crisis in the Potomac River, declaring that local Democrat leadership had proven…
10 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Trump calls Newsom's UK energy deal 'inappropriate,' warns British leaders against partnering with California governor

President Trump fired back at California Gov. Gavin Newsom's European diplomacy tour on Monday, calling British leaders foolish for entertaining the governor's overtures and dismissing…
10 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

AOC's Munich Security Conference performance draws fire from her own side

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez traveled to the Munich Security Conference last Friday and delivered what even her allies are struggling to defend. The New York congresswoman…
10 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Tim Allen finishes 13-month cover-to-cover Bible reading, says he'll start over

Tim Allen has read the entire Bible — word by word, page by page, no skimming — and the 71-year-old says he's going back to…
1 day ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Holy See clears Fulton Sheen's path to beatification after years of delays

The Vatican has given the green light for Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen's cause for beatification to move forward, ending years of stalled progress for one…
1 day ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Newsletter

Get news from American Digest in your inbox.

    By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, http://americandigest.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
    Christian News Alerts is a conservative Christian publication. Share our articles to help spread the word.
    © 2026 - CHRISTIAN NEWS ALERTS - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    magnifier