BY Benjamin ClarkSeptember 22, 2025
5 months ago
BY 
 | September 22, 2025
5 months ago

Former Houston pastor charged in child pornography investigation

A former youth pastor in Harris County has been arrested after a months-long investigation linked him to alleged possession and distribution of child sexual abuse material.

The Christian Post reported that Nathan Wayne Walker, 50, was charged with two counts of child pornography possession after authorities uncovered explicit online content connected to his devices and email account, stemming from a summer investigation initiated by cyber tips.

Walker was taken into custody on Wednesday following an investigation by the Houston Metro Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. According to investigators, the case began when the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children submitted two separate cyber tips in July.

Before those tips, a search warrant had already been executed at Walker’s residence on June 27. During that search, law enforcement officials located images and video files that they say depict the sexual abuse of minors. The materials were stored on several electronic devices found in the home.

Authorities later connected the content to a Yahoo instant messaging account operated under the alias “roughneckforchrist.” Court documents state the account had been used to upload and share child pornography, including files involving victims reportedly as young as three years old.

Church Departure Preceded the Arrest

Walker previously served as a youth pastor at Crossbridge Christian Church in northwest Harris County. There, he worked with students ranging from sixth to twelfth grade. According to church leadership, he voluntarily stepped down from his position two weeks before his arrest.

The church issued a public statement on Wednesday, emphasizing that Walker no longer holds any position at the congregation. In the statement, leaders said, “We’re saddened to hear the allegations. We will continue to monitor the investigation, praying for all involved and God’s truth.”

Officials have not indicated whether church leadership was aware of the investigation before Walker’s resignation. However, the timing of his departure remains under scrutiny, given the events that followed.

Family Member Reported Previous Suspicions

As the investigation progressed, police interviewed Walker’s adult son, who revealed previous concerns about his father’s activities. He told investigators that he had once discovered disturbing content on his father's computer, including online conversations on the Discord messaging platform.

According to the son, when confronted, Walker claimed he was engaging with the material "to catch the bad guys." Despite his reservations, the son did not report the incident earlier due to feelings of loyalty to his father. He informed authorities he had long feared that something serious might eventually come to light.

His insight appears to have provided additional context to investigators, though primary charges were built around the digital forensic evidence obtained from Walker’s devices and accounts.

Legal Proceedings and Bail Terms

After his arrest, Walker was booked into Harris County Jail. Records show he posted a $50,000 bond and was released from custody on Thursday, the day after his arrest. He is required to return for a court hearing on Monday, where a judge will review the terms of his bail.

Prosecutors have not disclosed whether further charges may be added, although the court filings reference severe content and mention minors of extremely young ages. The nature and volume of the files uncovered remain central to the ongoing legal proceedings.

Law enforcement agencies involved in the case have not publicly stated how much additional material, if any, is under review or whether the case could potentially expand beyond Walker alone.

Community Response and Ongoing Investigation

Parents and community members connected to Crossbridge Christian Church have not yet issued public comments, though church leaders have promised to cooperate with authorities. There is no evidence at this time to suggest that Walker’s alleged actions involved church-affiliated minors.

The Houston Metro Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force continues to lead the investigation alongside federal partners. The involvement of national organizations like the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children reflects the broader implications of the case for child protection efforts.

Authorities urge anyone who may have additional information related to Walker’s activities to contact law enforcement as the case remains active. Investigators are also working to determine whether any minors in the local area may have been directly impacted.

Written by: Benjamin Clark
Benjamin Clark delivers clear, concise reporting on today’s biggest political stories.

NATIONAL NEWS

SEE ALL

Trump orders federal intervention as 243 million gallons of raw sewage flood the Potomac River

President Trump directed federal authorities to take immediate action over the ongoing sewage crisis in the Potomac River, declaring that local Democrat leadership had proven…
6 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Trump calls Newsom's UK energy deal 'inappropriate,' warns British leaders against partnering with California governor

President Trump fired back at California Gov. Gavin Newsom's European diplomacy tour on Monday, calling British leaders foolish for entertaining the governor's overtures and dismissing…
6 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

AOC's Munich Security Conference performance draws fire from her own side

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez traveled to the Munich Security Conference last Friday and delivered what even her allies are struggling to defend. The New York congresswoman…
6 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Tim Allen finishes 13-month cover-to-cover Bible reading, says he'll start over

Tim Allen has read the entire Bible — word by word, page by page, no skimming — and the 71-year-old says he's going back to…
1 day ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Holy See clears Fulton Sheen's path to beatification after years of delays

The Vatican has given the green light for Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen's cause for beatification to move forward, ending years of stalled progress for one…
1 day ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Newsletter

Get news from American Digest in your inbox.

    By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, http://americandigest.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
    Christian News Alerts is a conservative Christian publication. Share our articles to help spread the word.
    © 2026 - CHRISTIAN NEWS ALERTS - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    magnifier