BY Benjamin ClarkAugust 10, 2025
6 months ago
BY 
 | August 10, 2025
6 months ago

CIA objections overruled in Russia hoax report release

Washington’s intelligence community is reeling after a bombshell declassification exposed alleged Obama-era misconduct. Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard, with President Donald Trump’s backing, released a minimally redacted House Intelligence Committee report, as Breitbart reports. It claims top Obama-era officials fabricated the Trump-Russia collusion narrative to sabotage Trump’s 2016 victory.

Last month, Gabbard, armed with Trump’s approval, declassified a 46-page report detailing a supposed conspiracy. The document alleges that former CIA Director John Brennan and others concocted a false narrative about Trump’s ties to Russia. This move has ignited fierce debate, with supporters cheering transparency and critics crying foul over sensitive leaks.

The report, described as exposing the “most egregious weaponization” of intelligence, accuses Obama officials of misleading the public.

Gabbard claims they suppressed evidence that Vladimir Putin expected a Clinton win in 2016. Such accusations suggest a deliberate attempt to undermine Trump’s legitimacy.

Declassification sparks intelligence clash

Gabbard’s decision to release the report with minimal redactions ruffled feathers in the CIA. Agency officials pushed for heavier edits to shield sensitive data, but Gabbard’s authority trumped their objections. A source noted she wasn’t required to seek their approval, highlighting her unchecked power in this arena.

“CIA put forward their proposed redactions,” a source familiar with the process said. But Gabbard, backed by Trump’s directive for minimal changes, sidestepped their concerns. This bold move underscores a growing rift between intelligence traditionalists and reform-minded leaders.

The declassified documents include classified communications from Obama officials allegedly setting the stage for the Russia probe.

These revelations, Gabbard argues, expose a “treasonous conspiracy” orchestrated by former President Barack Obama. Her fiery rhetoric aims to rally conservatives while stoking liberal ire.

Political firestorm erupts

Supporters like CIA Director John Ratcliffe and Attorney General Pam Bondi championed the report’s release. Ratcliffe “strongly supports” the move, despite internal CIA pushback, signaling a fractured intelligence community. Bondi escalated matters by referring the findings to a DOJ strike force for investigation.

“He’s guilty,” Trump declared, labeling the alleged plot as “treason” and an attempt to “steal the election.” His unapologetic stance resonates with his base, who see the report as vindication. Yet, it risks alienating moderates wary of such charged language.

Critics, like Sen. Mark Warner, slammed the declassification as “desperate and irresponsible.” Warner warned that exposing sensitive sources could endanger national security and erode trust with allies. His concerns, while valid, seem to dodge the report’s damning allegations.

Congress, Obama respond

House Speaker Mike Johnson suggested Congress might subpoena former President Barack Obama over the alleged collusion with intelligence agencies.

“We have a responsibility to follow the truth,” Johnson said, framing the issue as a quest for accountability. Such a move would escalate an already volatile political saga.

Obama’s office dismissed the report as “outrageous” and “bizarre,” rejecting Gabbard’s conspiracy claims. Their terse response sidesteps the specifics, leaving room for skeptics to question their silence. The former president’s legacy now faces fresh scrutiny.

The report outlines five key findings, including Brennan’s alleged role in fabricating the Russia narrative. It accuses officials of using unreliable sources and violating intelligence standards. These claims, if true, paint a chilling picture of politicized espionage.

Gabbard’s bold accusations

“Per President Trump’s directive, I have declassified a House Intelligence report,” Gabbard announced, framing it as exposing Obama’s lies. She claims the 2017 Intelligence Community Assessment was knowingly false, designed to undermine Trump. Her words electrify supporters but risk inflaming partisan divides.

“They conspired to subvert the will of the American people,” Gabbard added, accusing officials of colluding with media to push the narrative. Her charge of a “years-long coup” is a red-meat rallying cry for conservatives. Yet, it invites skepticism from those who see hyperbole over substance.

The fallout from this declassification will likely reverberate for years. Gabbard’s gamble could either cement her as a truth-teller or mark her as reckless, depending on one’s perspective. For now, the truth remains a battlefield, with facts and trust as the casualties.

Written by: Benjamin Clark
Benjamin Clark delivers clear, concise reporting on today’s biggest political stories.

NATIONAL NEWS

SEE ALL

Trump orders federal intervention as 243 million gallons of raw sewage flood the Potomac River

President Trump directed federal authorities to take immediate action over the ongoing sewage crisis in the Potomac River, declaring that local Democrat leadership had proven…
24 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Trump calls Newsom's UK energy deal 'inappropriate,' warns British leaders against partnering with California governor

President Trump fired back at California Gov. Gavin Newsom's European diplomacy tour on Monday, calling British leaders foolish for entertaining the governor's overtures and dismissing…
24 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

AOC's Munich Security Conference performance draws fire from her own side

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez traveled to the Munich Security Conference last Friday and delivered what even her allies are struggling to defend. The New York congresswoman…
24 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Tim Allen finishes 13-month cover-to-cover Bible reading, says he'll start over

Tim Allen has read the entire Bible — word by word, page by page, no skimming — and the 71-year-old says he's going back to…
2 days ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Holy See clears Fulton Sheen's path to beatification after years of delays

The Vatican has given the green light for Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen's cause for beatification to move forward, ending years of stalled progress for one…
2 days ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Newsletter

Get news from American Digest in your inbox.

    By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, http://americandigest.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
    Christian News Alerts is a conservative Christian publication. Share our articles to help spread the word.
    © 2026 - CHRISTIAN NEWS ALERTS - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
    magnifier