BY Johnathan Jones, The Western JournalJune 18, 2023
1 year ago
BY 
 | June 18, 2023
1 year ago

Desperate Bud Light Exec Addresses Customers in New Statement, Announces 'Three Important Actions'

Anheuser-Busch’s CEO addressed the ongoing boycott of his brand in a public statement Thursday in which he vowed to protect jobs affected by its former partnership with a transgender influencer.

The company’s desperate chief executive did not cite the controversial Dylan Mulvaney partnership directly, but merely said discussion of the Bud Light brand had “moved away from beer.”

Brendan Whitworth released a statement on the company website that was titled “Anheuser-Busch Announces Support For Frontline Employees And Wholesaler Partners.”

Whitworth said, “We recognize that over the last two months, the discussion surrounding our company and Bud Light has moved away from beer, and this has impacted our consumers, our business partners, and our employees.”

He added, “We are a beer company, and beer is for everyone.”

The CEO did not reference the reason behind an organic boycott that is now in its 10th week, or offer any sort of apology.

Rather than apologize to former customers, Whitworth said Bud Light would try to appeal to beer drinkers through a new campaign and that they would make moves to protect employees who have been caught in the crossfire of its decision to enter the culture war from the left.

“Today, we are announcing three important actions as we continue to move our business forward,” Whitworth stated. “First, we are investing to protect the jobs of our frontline employees.”

“Second, we are providing financial assistance to our independent wholesalers to help them support their employees,” he continued.

[firefly_poll]

The CEO then implored consumers to view the brand from a historic lens as a fun beer that is “easy” to drink.

“Third, to all our valued consumers, we hear you,” Whitworth said. “Our summer advertising launches next week, and you can look forward to Bud Light reinforcing what you’ve always loved about our brand -- that it’s easy to drink and easy to enjoy.”

To end the reset message, Whitworth concluded:

“As we move forward, we will focus on what we do best -- brewing great beer and earning our place in moments that matter to you. Here’s to a future with more cheers.”

The statement was released amid another week of declining sales, as Bud Light was also dethroned as America’s best-selling beer.

The Associated Press reported Thursday that Bud Light had lost its top spot to Modelo.

Modelo currently controls 8.4 percent of the U.S. market in sales at grocery, convenience and liquor stores.

Bud Light sales currently account for 7.3 percent of total sales in such stores.

Sales of both brands in bars and clubs are more difficult to track.

To end the week on June 3, Bud Light’s sales were down 24 percent when compared to last year.

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Written by: Johnathan Jones, The Western Journal

NATIONAL NEWS

SEE ALL

Delay In Prince Harry's "Spare" Paperback Raises Questions

A paperback edition of Prince Harry’s memoir has not been launched, fueling speculations of its content amid strained family relations. Ephraim Hardcastle of the Daily…
13 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Biden Pressured By Party Leaders To Rethink 2024 Candidacy

Amid concerns over election strategies and personal health, President Joe Biden faces formidable demands from senior Democratic figures to reconsider his 2024 presidential campaign bid.…
13 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Ex-White House Specialist Charged As Unofficial South Korea Representative

Sue Mi Terry, once a CIA and White House expert, faces serious legal accusations in a Manhattan federal court. According to NBC News, Former White…
15 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Biden Willing To Exit 2024 Race If Medically Advised

Axios reported that President Joe Biden has openly declared his willingness to withdraw from the upcoming 2024 presidential race if he were to be diagnosed…
16 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Peter Navarro Leaves Prison After Contempt Conviction

CBS News reported that former Trump adviser Peter Navarro walked free from federal custody Wednesday, ending his four-month term related to defying a congressional subpoena.…
16 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

DON'T WAIT.

We publish the objective news, period. If you want the facts, then sign up below and join our movement for objective news:

    LATEST NEWS

    Newsletter

    Get news from American Digest in your inbox.

      By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, http://americandigest.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
      Christian News Alerts is a conservative Christian publication. Share our articles to help spread the word.
      © 2024 - CHRISTIAN NEWS ALERTS - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
      magnifier