BY Benjamin ClarkJune 15, 2025
8 months ago
BY 
 | June 15, 2025
8 months ago

Feucht denounces misconduct claims as spiritual warfare

Christian activist Sean Feucht called a recent wave of allegations against him a coordinated spiritual attack, responding publicly for the first time since former members of his ministries accused him of financial and moral misconduct.

In a video statement released Tuesday, Feucht rejected claims made by ex-volunteers and staff about the management and operations of his religious organizations, framing the controversy as a spiritual test accompanied by legal consequences, the Christian Post reported.

The accusations were posted on a website titled "Truth and Freedom Stories," created by individuals who formerly worked within Feucht's various ministries. These include Burn 24/7, Let Us Worship, and Light a Candle—all founded and directed by Feucht. The site describes a pattern of alleged misconduct over an extended period through personal accounts.

Former leaders allege financial irregularities

Among those speaking out are Christy Gafford, who previously served as a national and global director in Burn 24/7, and Peter and Amanda Hartzell, also formerly affiliated with the ministry. Several others with leadership or administrative roles have shared similar criticism, citing organizational dysfunction and financial mismanagement.

The former workers claim that Feucht's ministries experienced a major revenue boost in 2020, totaling over $5 million. Two years later, the organizations changed their IRS classification to that of a church, which allows less public financial transparency than typical nonprofit entities. Those behind the website argue that this shift has further obscured financial accountability within the ministries.

The group also raised concerns about a network of ten properties owned across California, Pennsylvania, is, and Montana. They suggest these purchases might not align with the declared charitable mission of the organizations.

Allegations include donor fraud and volunteer abuse

Accusers outline a range of specific financial claims, including misuse of donations, fraudulent restriction of donor funds, improper use of credit cards, and undisclosed overseas bank accounts tied to child sponsorship initiatives in India. They also allege tax reporting irregularities, such as the failure to list volunteers on required IRS forms.

Beyond financial concerns, the website hosts a section labeled “Abuse,” which recounts spiritual coercion, retaliatory behavior against dissenters, and broken leadership promises. The accusers demand an external investigation into the practices of Feucht’s ministries, citing a deeply entangled organizational structure that resists accountability.

Feucht addressed these allegations in a YouTube video released Tuesday, identifying the situation as a battle occurring on both legal and spiritual fronts. He explained that although his instincts urge him to respond immediately, he is choosing restraint on the advice of legal representatives and spiritual leaders.

Feucht frames allegations as a faith-based attack.

Describing the process as emotionally taxing, Feucht said, “It takes a great deal of discernment and patience for me... because it’s not my nature.” He added that he believes the situation carries “legal implications” and insisted the ministries are managed responsibly and are in good standing with the IRS.

In the video, Feucht cast doubt on the credibility of the accusers, initially calling them “angry former volunteers” before referring to them as “former employees.” He claimed most were let go due to personal moral issues and suggested some had minimal or distant involvement in his organizations.

“A lot of them are from 15 years ago, 12 years ago, 10 years ago,” he said. “A few of them I’ve only met one time. And a lot of them were in the Burn Movement.” He argued that the critics do not have access to current operations or finances and dismissed their claims as recycled content from past media reports.

Public backlash touches a national figure.e

Feucht rose to national visibility during the COVID-19 pandemic by organizing in-person worship rallies across the United States under the “Let Us Worship” banner. Many of those events sparked political and public health debates, placing him at the intersection of religion and activism.

In his defense, Feucht emphasized the structural oversight of his ministries, saying, “We have incredible accountants. We have an incredible board. We have incredible oversight.” He assured supporters that every donation has been used for its intended spiritual purpose.

He also repeated themes of perseverance and faith under duress, linking the experience to a book he’s currently writing about spiritual battles. “I had no clue that I would be writing it in real time as I’m living in the middle of this,” he said.

Ministry founder vows to press forward.

Feucht concluded the video by suggesting that the accusations are intended to create division. Unfortunately, some former employees want to mount this smear campaign to attack me,” he said. Despite the controversy, he expressed confidence that the ministries would continue forward with “hope” and “joy.”

To followers and critics alike, Feucht encouraged a calm approach: “I find myself so much more in the spirit when I resist the urge to fight and resist the urge to get into defamatory conversations.”

“We've got to stay on mission, especially right now,” he added. No independent investigations have been publicly announced to date in response to the accusations.

Written by: Benjamin Clark
Benjamin Clark delivers clear, concise reporting on today’s biggest political stories.

NATIONAL NEWS

SEE ALL

Kamala Harris tops early 2028 Democrat primary polling as party searches for direction

Three years out from the next presidential election, Democrats are already polling their options — and the name at the top of the list should…
2 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

CENTCOM hammers over 30 ISIS targets in Syria as Operation Hawkeye Strike escalates

U.S. Central Command announced Saturday that Operation Hawkeye Strike carried out ten strikes against over thirty ISIS targets in Syria between February 3 and 12.…
2 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Trump blasts Bill Maher on Truth Social after late-night host mocks China hockey joke

President Trump unloaded on "Real Time" host Bill Maher in a lengthy Truth Social post Saturday, calling the television host a "highly overrated LIGHTWEIGHT" and…
2 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Iran's regime killed at least 19 Christians during January protests, watchdog reports

Iranian security forces shot and killed at least 19 Christians during last month's mass protests against the regime, according to a new report from Article…
1 day ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

RFK Jr. calls fight against ultra-processed food a 'spiritual warfare' in Heritage Foundation address

HHS Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. stood before the Heritage Foundation on Monday and framed the federal government's campaign against ultra-processed food in terms rarely…
1 day ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

DON'T WAIT.

We publish the objective news, period. If you want the facts, then sign up below and join our movement for objective news:

    LATEST NEWS

    Newsletter

    Get news from American Digest in your inbox.

      By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, http://americandigest.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
      Christian News Alerts is a conservative Christian publication. Share our articles to help spread the word.
      © 2026 - CHRISTIAN NEWS ALERTS - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
      magnifier