BY Benjamin ClarkJune 14, 2025
8 months ago
BY 
 | June 14, 2025
8 months ago

Feucht says misconduct claims are part of ‘spiritual battle’

Sean Feucht, a worship leader widely known for his “Let Us Worship” events, has responded publicly to claims of misconduct from past affiliates of his ministries.

Feucht denied allegations of financial, spiritual, and ethical wrongdoing, calling them false and framing the controversy as a spiritual attack on his work and faith mission, the Christian Post reported.

The accusations were shared via a website titled “Truth and Freedom Stories.” The individuals behind the claims previously worked or volunteered within Feucht’s network of ministries, which includes Burn 24/7, Light a Candle, and Let Us Worship.

Those involved in making the claims include Christy Gafford, Peter and Amanda Hartzell, Liam Bernhard, and Richie Booth. They accuse Feucht of organizational and financial mismanagement, spiritual manipulation, and retaliatory behavior toward critics. Most of the group was involved in his ministries over a decade ago.

The online accusations allege a range of misconduct, including misuse of charitable donations, improper nonprofit reporting, and the blending of nonprofit and personal business dealings. The accusers have called for a formal financial investigation into the ministries.

Feucht addresses claims in an online video.

In a YouTube video posted Tuesday, Feucht said he had delayed responding publicly due to guidance from his legal team and spiritual advisors. He referenced personal hardships, including the death of a ministry partner and social unrest in Los Angeles, as part of the context surrounding the allegations.

“A big part of not responding to every single attack … is that it takes a great deal of discernment and patience for me,” Feucht said. He also stated that legal implications kept him from fully addressing the claims in detail at this time.

Feucht described the situation as a “spiritual battle” and said he had been working on a book about spiritual warfare even before allegations surfaced. He likened his current experience to living that book’s subject matter in real time.

Claims include alleged financial mismanagement.

The group behind the allegations raised concerns about donations being diverted from their intended purpose, misuse of credit cards, unexplained bulk cash movements, and possible fraud involving restricted donations. Additional claims focus on discrepancies in the organizations’ nonprofit reporting.

These include listing no volunteers in IRS filings, not reporting foreign bank accounts, and failing to disclose overseas operations related to a child sponsorship initiative in India. They also accused Feucht of buying multiple personal properties using funds from his ministries.

The group said Feucht now owns ten homes across the state, including California, Montana, and Pennsylvania. They questioned whether his nonprofit status had been used to enrich himself improperly through real estate.

Feucht pushes back against the transparency concern.s

In the video, Feucht said he believes the accusers lack insight into the current management or finances of his organizations. “They know nothing about our day-to-day,” he said, arguing that their information is outdated or inaccurate.

He labeled some of the accusations as repetitions of older media reports he called false. “They’re just regurgitating what Rolling Stone and all these other hack jobs are saying,” he claimed.

Feucht explained that many of the individuals making accusations were dismissed due to what he called “moral issues.” He said some had only brief connections to his work, with their involvement dating back up to 15 years.

Defending organizational standing and practices

He emphasized that his ministries comply with legal and financial standards. “We have incredible accountants. We have an incredible board,” he said, adding, “We’re in great standing with the IRS.”

Feucht noted that in recent years, his ministry experienced a significant increase in donations, including a reported $5.3 million rise in 2020. In 2022, the ministry changed its IRS classification to a church, which removed its financial disclosure requirements, a shift that critics say reduces transparency.

The worship leader insisted that “every single penny” received in donations has been used for ministry purposes. “These funds have gone to fulfill their kingdom-ordained purpose,” he said.

Calling for hope despite public criticism

Speaking to his followers, Feucht encouraged others not to be drawn into what he called defamatory conversations. “I find myself so much more in the spirit when I resist the urge to fight,” he explained.

He stressed that the mission of his ministry remains unchanged despite the dispute. “You've got to realize this is a spiritual battle … we are going to go forward with hope, with joy,” he said in closing.

Feucht did not provide specifics on whether a legal response to the allegations is forthcoming, but hinted that more information may be shared later. For now, he continues to argue that the accusations are part of a broader attempt to discredit his ministry efforts.

Written by: Benjamin Clark
Benjamin Clark delivers clear, concise reporting on today’s biggest political stories.

NATIONAL NEWS

SEE ALL

Kamala Harris tops early 2028 Democrat primary polling as party searches for direction

Three years out from the next presidential election, Democrats are already polling their options — and the name at the top of the list should…
1 hour ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

CENTCOM hammers over 30 ISIS targets in Syria as Operation Hawkeye Strike escalates

U.S. Central Command announced Saturday that Operation Hawkeye Strike carried out ten strikes against over thirty ISIS targets in Syria between February 3 and 12.…
1 hour ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Trump blasts Bill Maher on Truth Social after late-night host mocks China hockey joke

President Trump unloaded on "Real Time" host Bill Maher in a lengthy Truth Social post Saturday, calling the television host a "highly overrated LIGHTWEIGHT" and…
1 hour ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Iran's regime killed at least 19 Christians during January protests, watchdog reports

Iranian security forces shot and killed at least 19 Christians during last month's mass protests against the regime, according to a new report from Article…
1 day ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

RFK Jr. calls fight against ultra-processed food a 'spiritual warfare' in Heritage Foundation address

HHS Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. stood before the Heritage Foundation on Monday and framed the federal government's campaign against ultra-processed food in terms rarely…
1 day ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

DON'T WAIT.

We publish the objective news, period. If you want the facts, then sign up below and join our movement for objective news:

    LATEST NEWS

    Newsletter

    Get news from American Digest in your inbox.

      By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, http://americandigest.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
      Christian News Alerts is a conservative Christian publication. Share our articles to help spread the word.
      © 2026 - CHRISTIAN NEWS ALERTS - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
      magnifier