BY Benjamin ClarkJune 3, 2025
9 months ago
BY 
 | June 3, 2025
9 months ago

Flamethrower assault at pro-Israel walk shocks Boulder

A violent attack with a makeshift flamethrower disrupted a peaceful walk in Boulder, Colorado, on Sunday, leaving Jewish participants injured and authorities investigating a terror-related motive.According to the Christian Post, the FBI has classified the incident as a targeted assault, marking the second recent act of violence against Jews on U.S. soil, following a deadly shooting in Washington, D.C.

The attack unfolded during a weekly event called “Run For Their Lives,” a walk held to honor hostages taken by Hamas during the October 7, 2023, terrorist attack in southern Israel. On Sunday, eight individuals were participating in the walk when 45-year-old Mohamed Sabry Soliman threw a makeshift flamethrower at them.

Soliman is an Egyptian national who remained in the U.S. after overstaying a tourist visa, rendering his presence in the country illegal. According to authorities, he allegedly shouted political slogans including “free Palestine,” “end Zionists,” and “they are killers” moments before launching the attack.

The victims, ranging in age from 52 to 88, sustained injuries from the flames, with one participant engulfed entirely. All eight survived and received medical treatment following the incident.

Victims Targeted During Weekly Memorial Walk

The FBI has labeled the Boulder incident a “targeted attack,” attributing political motivations as a likely factor. Boulder police and federal agents continue to investigate whether the suspect acted alone or had any affiliations with organized groups.

The “Run For Their Lives” event has become a symbolic weekly gathering in support of Israelis impacted by the Hamas-led attack last year. The attack in Boulder marked the first time the event was interrupted by violence.

Witnesses reported shock and panic as flames erupted. Passersby and emergency responders quickly helped extinguish the fire and assist the wounded until paramedics arrived.

Link to Earlier Washington, D.C. Attack

This assault follows another attack targeting Jews that occurred less than two weeks earlier in Washington, D.C., in which two individuals were fatally shot. The victims, a couple employed by the Israeli Embassy, had just attended an event organized by the American Jewish Committee.

Witnesses from the Washington incident also described hearing shouts of “free, free Palestine” from the gunman shortly before the deadly shooting. Like the Boulder attack, investigators are treating that case as a politically motivated crime.

These back-to-back incidents have prompted federal authorities to heighten surveillance on potential threats against Jewish communities and events across the country. Officials are also assessing patterns or connections between recent anti-Semitic acts.

Faith Leaders Voice Support Following Violence

In the aftermath of the Boulder attack, numerous Christian and Evangelical leaders stepped forward to express their support and solidarity for Jewish residents. Statements condemning the violence circulated across churches and interfaith platforms nationwide.

Religious leaders emphasized the need for collective advocacy against hatred, calling on communities to remain united in moments of crisis. Several leaders said silence was not an option when hateful acts target any faith group.

The Jewish community in Boulder, though shaken, resumed commemorative walks, bolstered by interfaith support and increased security. Organizers said they remain committed to peacefully honoring victims of international terrorism.

Suspect’s Immigration Status Raises Security Questions

Officials also revealed that Soliman had overstayed a tourist visa, raising concerns about how immigration enforcement identifies and addresses individuals violating visa terms. His presence in the U.S. had gone undetected by authorities prior to the attack.

Law enforcement agencies stated that while his overstay status was not the immediate cause for the attack, it raises broader security questions that will be reviewed during the course of their investigation.

Soliman remains in custody as federal charges are being prepared. Authorities said additional charges related to terrorism and immigration violations are likely to be pursued.

Written by: Benjamin Clark
Benjamin Clark delivers clear, concise reporting on today’s biggest political stories.

NATIONAL NEWS

SEE ALL

January CPI drops to the lowest core inflation since 2021 as Trump declares Biden's price crisis over

President Trump greeted reporters on the White House lawn Friday with a message that doubled as a victory lap: the January Consumer Price Index report…
22 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Trump pardons five former NFL stars, including a posthumous nod to Heisman winner Billy Cannon

President Trump granted pardons Thursday to five former NFL players who were convicted of crimes ranging from counterfeiting to drug trafficking — a move announced…
22 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Former Obama White House counsel enlisted Jeffrey Epstein to manage fallout from Colombia prostitution scandal

Emails released by the Department of Justice show that Kathy Ruemmler, former White House counsel under Barack Obama, turned to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein…
22 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Federal appeals court rules pro-life pregnancy network can hire based on its own mission

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York City handed a significant victory to a pro-life pregnancy care network, reversing a lower court's…
2 days ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

James Van Der Beek dead at 48: Faith, family, and the final words that moved millions

James Van Der Beek, the actor who became a household name as Dawson Leery on "Dawson's Creek," died Wednesday morning after a battle with Stage…
2 days ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

DON'T WAIT.

We publish the objective news, period. If you want the facts, then sign up below and join our movement for objective news:

    LATEST NEWS

    Newsletter

    Get news from American Digest in your inbox.

      By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, http://americandigest.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
      Christian News Alerts is a conservative Christian publication. Share our articles to help spread the word.
      © 2026 - CHRISTIAN NEWS ALERTS - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
      magnifier