BY Jack Davis, The Western JournalJune 12, 2023
1 year ago
BY 
 | June 12, 2023
1 year ago

Fox News Reportedly Escalates War with Tucker Carlson - His Attorney Just Released a Blistering Statement

Fox News is reportedly trying to once again muzzle Tucker Carlson.

According to an Axios report on Monday, Fox, which took Carlson off the air in April, has sent a "cease and desist" letter to its former host trying to stop his Twitter show just as it is taking off. Axios reported that Carlson’s first two shows,  drew a combined total of 169 million views. The second episode went live on Thursday.

Axios did not describe the contents of the letter, but noted it had “NOT FOR PUBLICATION" across the top in bold lettering.

Attorney Harmeet Dhillon, who represents Carlson, fired back in a statement.

"Fox News continues to ignore the interests of its viewers, not to mention its shareholder obligations,” the statement said, according to Axios.

[firefly_poll]

"Doubling down on the most catastrophic programming decision in the history of the cable news industry, Fox is now demanding that Tucker Carlson be silent until after the 2024 election.

"Tucker will not be silenced by anyone ... He is a singularly important voice on matters of public interest in our country and will remain so."

Last week, Fox told Carlson’s lawyers that his first Twitter show violated his contract, according to Axios.

According to Deadline, Carlson still has a contract with Fox News through January 2025.

Episode 2 of "Tucker on Twitter" is below.

However, Carlson has taken the legal position that Fox abrogated the contract in the way it treated him. He has hired a lawyer to address the legal terms needed for him to get out from under Fox News and the contract.

In the first letter to Carlson, Fox News general counsel Bernard Gugar wrote that Carlson "is in breach" of his contract, according to Axios.

"In connection with such breach and pursuant to the Agreement, Fox expressly reserves all rights and remedies which are available to it at law or equity,” Gugar wrote, according to Axios.

Former Fox News host Megyn Kelly, who rose to fame on Fox before ditching the network for NBC, then moving on to start her own YouTube show, said Fox News is in “deep panic” about competing with Carlson, according to The Wrap.

“They recognize that he will hurt them, and they’re doing everything in their power to keep him on the sidelines,” she said on "The Megyn Kelly Show" on Thursday, according to The Wrap.

[ic_trending]

She said the initial letter warning Carlson about his alleged breach of his contract shows “how panicked they are about Tucker 2.0."

This article appeared originally on The Western Journal.

Written by: Jack Davis, The Western Journal

NATIONAL NEWS

SEE ALL

Delay In Prince Harry's "Spare" Paperback Raises Questions

A paperback edition of Prince Harry’s memoir has not been launched, fueling speculations of its content amid strained family relations. Ephraim Hardcastle of the Daily…
14 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Biden Pressured By Party Leaders To Rethink 2024 Candidacy

Amid concerns over election strategies and personal health, President Joe Biden faces formidable demands from senior Democratic figures to reconsider his 2024 presidential campaign bid.…
14 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Ex-White House Specialist Charged As Unofficial South Korea Representative

Sue Mi Terry, once a CIA and White House expert, faces serious legal accusations in a Manhattan federal court. According to NBC News, Former White…
16 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Biden Willing To Exit 2024 Race If Medically Advised

Axios reported that President Joe Biden has openly declared his willingness to withdraw from the upcoming 2024 presidential race if he were to be diagnosed…
16 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

Peter Navarro Leaves Prison After Contempt Conviction

CBS News reported that former Trump adviser Peter Navarro walked free from federal custody Wednesday, ending his four-month term related to defying a congressional subpoena.…
16 hours ago
 • By Benjamin Clark

DON'T WAIT.

We publish the objective news, period. If you want the facts, then sign up below and join our movement for objective news:

    LATEST NEWS

    Newsletter

    Get news from American Digest in your inbox.

      By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: American Digest, 3000 S. Hulen Street, Ste 124 #1064, Fort Worth, TX, 76109, US, http://americandigest.com. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact.
      Christian News Alerts is a conservative Christian publication. Share our articles to help spread the word.
      © 2024 - CHRISTIAN NEWS ALERTS - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
      magnifier